Funeral Advice You Can Trust
You probably know a lot more about how to buy a car or a refrigerator than a funeral. And, while you would check reviews and shop around for those things, it probably never crossed your mind that you could shop around for a funeral, right? Most people use the one they used before – even if they weren’t happy, and the rest use the one nearest one – though proximity is no measure of quality or value. And, where do most people go to get advice about funeral planning? A funeral home! And, while most funeral directors are compassionate, caring people, they are salespeople running a for-profit business!
In the News
Did You Know?
NOTE: The following information has not yet been updated …YOU could help us do that!
- Prices vary enormously from one funeral home to the next. Even for the same thing!
- Direct cremation ranges from $550—$5,065!
- A plain cardboard cremation box can cost you $20—$671!
- Driving the body from the place of death to the funeral home? $175—$785!
- A graveside service? $100—$1,295!
- You shop online for almost everything, but good luck here because many funeral homes don not show their prices online.
But, lucky you – You found us! We can give you the information you need to have to get the funeral you want, for a price you can afford.
The Tri-County Memorial Funeral Society (TCMFS) is a volunteer-run, not-for-profit organization that is not associated with the funeral industry. We provide objective support, education and advocacy. We offer tools to empower you to make informed, thoughtful decisions about funeral and memorial arrangements before they are needed.
If you’d like to support our work, you may donate any amount by clicking on the button below.